Thursday 24 November 2016

Exchange Flake 2016

This lovely snowflake and card arrived all the way from Queensland Australia and is tatted by Judith Connors, The wreath on the front of the card is also tatted. This is  part of an exchange organized by the Fringe Element Tatters.  

The Fringe organizes three or four exchanges a year and my tatting has traveled all around the world and I have received exchange tatting from  many far away places.  It has been a fun way to meet tatters and make new friends.  

Now I have had a few bad experiences but nothing that has discouraged me.  Please don't join an exchange if you cannot complete it.  If circumstances come up (which they often do) or you are running out of time, let the organizer know as soon as possible so that the two of you can find a solution.  Happy Tatting  Everyone.

Finally, to my neighbors to the south, Happy Thanksgiving. 🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃 

10 comments:

  1. I know what you mean I joined an exchange and loved it but traded with more than expected and was up all night sometime so I bowed out the next year, love your gifts you received

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely gifts! Yes, and you must be sure your postal system is up to it. I'm reluctant to join an exchange because post to and from here can take an age or perhaps not arrive at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time our mail system works well. I am grateful.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful snowflake and card I have not join in an exchange for sometime, I have had some lovely things sent and let down on others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My experiences of exchanges have on the whole been bad and that has put me off entering into them again. But this one looks lovely and is this the Judith Connors who writes tatting books? Wow you are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally, that is too bad about the exchanges. You are right this is that Judith Connors; I had the pleasure of meeting her at a conference a few years ago.

      Delete
  5. Can't expect anything but perfection from Judith :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tatting gifts :).

    ReplyDelete

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting