Tuesday 6 September 2016

Hello New South Wales

This pearl tatted gum leaf arrived in my mailbox today, all the way from Australia.  Hello New South Wales and many thanks to Bev P. who received my name in the recent exchange of the Fringe Element Tatters and tatted this lovely leaf. 

The leaf is done in a olive green size 80 (I think) and is 5.5 inches or 14 cm long not including the encapsulated tail.  Just the perfect size for a bookmark. Bev said she did not use a pattern but copied the techniques used by Mark Myers in his leaves.  

I've still to learn pearl tatting but no time now as I must get my homework done before travelling to Ontario Canada for the Fringe Tat Days  September 23 & 24, 2016.  
I also sent some tatting across the ocean and will post once I know it has safely arrived. 


3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty bookmark !!! Bev is a wonderful person & the NSW is a great guild.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this tatting and have wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting