Thursday 17 September 2015

Almost half around

Almost half around this row and eager to finish to get back to the "Big One".  You tat a banner of hearts separately and it is recommended not to close into a circle but wait for the connecting round. I really like the hearts pattern round the edge of this doily. The pattern can be found here.  


The last of this years canning has been completed and I just finished up 11 quarts and 2 pints of pears.  It is not my husbands favorite so these are all mine, although I did promise a jar to my sister.  I used the glass lids and rubber rings, these look so pretty in the cupboard as I remove the metal bands to store. It is a little tricky to use glass lids and I wouldn't recommend it to someone just starting out canning as there are newer and easier ways.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link, it's a pretty doily. That's a lot of pears for you to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful doily, I had forget this, thank you for the link.

    ReplyDelete

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting